Actions that you normally have to perform manually by the seller can be automated. Instead of sending emails, changing statuses, issuing receipts and invoices, generating labels or printing documents, you could invest your time in something else 🙂 We have created a tool allowing you to configure the system so that order fulfillment could be reduced to just packing a parcel!
When talking about automatic actions in BaseLinker, it is necessary to understand the three basic keywords: events, conditions, actions.
Events are specific situations (such as downloading an order) for which you can set actions to be performed. Events can include: downloading an order from the store, payment of the order, receiving a delivery option form, change of status, issuing an invoice/receipt, creating a shipment, changing the courier parcel status and many, many more…
You can add detailed conditions to the events, which will determine whether the automatic action is to be triggered for a given order. For example: „once the payment has been received, perform the action, but only if the order comes from eBay, one of the products is iPhone and the delivery address is in Germany”. There are dozens of conditions to choose from, which gives almost unlimited possibilities to create your own automatic actions.
The system can independently change the status of the order, send customers e-mail and SMS, create parcels to the selected carrier, or print documents on the printers of your choice (invoice, receipt, shipping label, or other, personal printouts). It can also do all these things at once 🙂 These are the actions.
In addition to the default events specified in the system (such as downloading an order, changing status, creating a shipment, etc.), you can configure your own manually triggered events, which will automatically trigger the specified actions.
Your personal events may be:
- Clicking the self-created button – you can configure the icon, name and color of the button yourself. Your buttons will appear on the order card and on the order list under the „Actions” button. Clicking the button will trigger the actions you have configured for it in the „Automatic actions” section.
- Choosing your own shortcut – you can configure which combination of keys should trigger actions (e.g. „alt+p”). Selecting this combination of keys while on the order card will trigger actions that you have configured for it in the „Automatic actions” section. Selecting a combination of keys while staying on the order list will perform actions for the currently selected orders.
- Scanning the barcode. If the code is scanned from the order list level, the actions will be carried out for all the orders marked at the time. If the code is scanned while on the order card, the action will be performed only for this order.
You can configure your own buttons, shortcuts and codes under the tab „Personal events” in the Order Manager → Automatic actions. Once you have created your own events, return to the „Automatic actions” tab. Your own events will appear in the list of selectable events. Add actions to be performed after you have selected an event.
To keep your automatic actions organized, you can categorize them into groups. Add your own groups in the „Action groups” tab, so that when you create/edit the action you can choose which group the action should belong to. Defining groups makes it much easier to manage your automatic actions – especially if you add more actions. They allow you to both filter and sort the defined actions while viewing them.
How can I create an automatic action?
- Select the event.
- Add conditions (optional).
- Select the action.
- Add your own event in Order manager → Automatic actions → Personal events.
- Return to Order manager → Automatic actions.. Your events now appear at the very end of the event list when creating actions. Continue as with normal events, i.e. add conditions and select actions.
- Ready! If you have created your own button, you can see it on the order card and in the order list under the „Actions” button.