Integration with PrintNode allows you to print labels with just one click, without downloading the file to your computer.
BaseLinker connects to the printer in the background, the label is printed as soon as you press the order button. This reduces the time needed to print a single label. Printing is possible from any computer (even if it is far away from the office).
Integration provides following functionalities:
- printing a label directly from the order card (button on the list of shipments in the order). If several printers are connected to the system, the user can select a printer from the list.
- printing labels directly also from the order list (individually after generating packages or in bulk for selected packages).
- printing an invoice directly in the order (for both BaseLinker templates and invoices submitted to accounting services such as iFirma, wFirma, Fakturownia, Firmao, InFakt).
- printing a receipt (in case of PDF receipts transferred to the wFirma and Fakturownia services)
- assigning printers to employees. You can indicate which printers each employee account can use. This is particularly useful when the company operates on several packing stations with separate printers.
- setting the default printer for employee profile. Each employee can specify the main printer for own use – it will always be available on top of the list (the list of printers to choose from appears if more than one printer is connected).
Integration requires a PrintNode.com account. This is a service paid for $9 per month (first test month for free). The main advantage of this solution is the ability to print not only standard PDF files, but also EPL/ZPL labels for thermal printers. PrintNode also features fast operation, so the printout starts very quickly when you press the print button.
- Subscribe to https://www.printnode.com/ – start a free monthly trial (the cost of subscription is $9)
- Download PrintNode for Windows or OS X: https://app.printnode.com/account/download
- install the program and log in to the newly created PrintNode account.
- On the PrintNode page go to the “API” tab: https://app.printnode.com/account/apiKey
- Click the “Make new API key” button, type “BaseLinker” in the form in the “Description” field and confirm the form.
- Copy the API key from the table in PrintNode and paste it into the “API key” field in Integrations → Add integration → Printouts → PrintNode.
- The new form field on the page will display printers to choose from. Select the ones you wish to use in BaseLinker
- You can now send labels directly to the printer without downloading the file 🙂