Products can be added to BaseLinker’s warehouse in several ways:
- With import of offers with the option to create products in BaseLinker’s warehouse
- By importing products from the file
Adding products manually
If you are just starting to sell and creating your product database, you can do this manually by adding the following information to the system:
1) Manufacturer. In BaseLinker warehouse→ Manufacturers section you can provide the name and logo of the manufacturer. When adding products to the warehouse, the list of manufacturers will be displayed in the product edition window. The manufacturer’s name and logo will be available in the offer template – under [manufacturer] and [manufacturer_logo] tags.
2. Category. In BaseLinker Warehouse → Categories section you can create product categories. BaseLinker allows you to create your own category tree, which makes organizing and browsing products much easier.
3. Product. InBaseLinker warehouse → Products → „+ add product” button you can add your own products and assign them the appropriate manufacturers and categories. Here you can include all the information about the product required for listing an offer (name, description, images, price, SKU, EAN, manufacturer etc.).
You can upload up to 16 photos to the product in BaseLinker warehouse. If you want to use more images, upload them to an external server and include them in the offer content (in the product description, in the tag <img>).
Import of products from offers
InAllegro / eBay / other marketplace → Offer management → Offer import you can create products in BaseLinker warehouse based on the offers listed in the selected marketplace account.
You can create categories in the warehouse corresponding to the categories of your offers. You will be able to change the created products and list them again. The BaseLinker warehouse will become the central inventory of your products. Each new item must be added to the warehouse before it can listed as an offer.
For more information about importing products, see article Importing offers and products.
Importing products from file
In BaseLinker warehouse → Import you can import products to BaseLinker warehouse from any CSV format file or default XML format file.
Import does not support creating product variants.
Import from any CSV file
You can import products to BaseLinker from a CSV format file. It is not possible to import a file in XLS format. Therefore, if you edit a file in calculating sheet, remember to save the file in CSV format.
Additionally, you should also make sure that each information is located in a separate column (separated in the CSV file by a specific character – semicolon, comma, tabulator).
It is also important to choose the appropriate character encoding (according to the encoding chosen when saving the file). We recommend using UTF-8 system. If the wrong encoding was chosen (e.g. the file was saved with ISO-8859-2 and WINDOWS-1250 was selected for import), the CSV file can be imported without Polish characters.
To perform an import, go to BaseLinker warehouse → Import, select the CSV format file you want to import, select the character separating the value and encoding type, and then select Import.
The following information should be completed when importing the file:
- Main column (Link). This column is crucial for modifying data in the warehouse. By default, the link is based on the product ID, but you can also update products by name, EAN, SKU or offer number.
- Skip the first row. If the first row in the file contains headers, you can skip it.
- Do not update empty values. If a field in the file is empty, the system does not update the value in the warehouse. This way you can avoid accidentally clearing the value of a field (e.g. deleting a description if it is not in the file but is in the warehouse).
- Update all images – check this option only if you want to change images existing in the warehouse to another.
- Values in the relevant columns. You also have to make sure that the given columns contain the relevant values, e.g. the price column is marked as Price and not e.g. SKU.
Import from a file with a specified format
On the second tab it is possible to import from an XML or CSV file with a predefined format. Any other file will be rejected.
You can check the structure of such a file by exporting an existing warehouse in BaseLinker Warehouse → Export. There are 3 templates available.
|BL – Products – Default/ Simplified CSV||Format available in BaseLinker warehouse → Product export → BL – Products – default CSV.|
|BL – Products – Default XML.||Format available in BaseLinker warehouse → Export of products → BL – Products – default XML|
|Ceneo XML.||Format available in BaseLinker warehouse → Product export → BL – Products – XML default. Documentation for such file can also be found On the Ceneo website.|
Instructions on how to connect the wholesaler can be found at Wholesalers.